The Vital Importance of Early Math Skills
Early math skills are crucial for the academic success and development of children. Conversely, a deficiency in certain basic math skills dramatically limits a child’s opportunities.
Here is some research on the subject compiled by Math Morning:
- A report published by the American Psychological Association suggests that early math skills are a better predictor of academic success than early reading skills.
- The National Research Council underscores that Early childhood mathematics is vitally important for young children’s present and future educational success.
- Early math skills predict later academic success, a University of California research show.
- Young learners’ future understanding of mathematics requires an early foundation based on a high-quality, challenging, and accessible mathematics education, the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics says.
- According to PBS Parents, a deficiency in certain basic math skills dramatically limits a child’s opportunities.